HOME-BLOGROLL-COUPONING 101
PLEASE EXCUSE THE LOOK OF THE BLOG I AM SETTING IT BACK UP AND LOOKING FOR A TEMPLATE/LAYOUT. THANKS!

Friday, April 22, 2011

COUPONING 101- PART 2- HOW TO ORGANIZE YOUR COUPONS

There are a couple of different ways you can organize your coupons. Pick whichever one works best for you. I myself get 5 papers at the most a week and that doesnt happen very often, so i do not use the no clip method of organizing my coupons.

I get very impatient so when my fiance brings home the paper for me on sunday night i usually take all of the coupon inserts out and start clipping! i only clip the coupons that i will use if i find a good enough deal. i never clip coupons that i wont use. i usually let my mom go through the extras or cut out what i know friends and family members may be able to use. then i save the insert to pass on to someone else or i put it aside incase i find a good trade.

FOR BEGINNERS: for beginners i recommend using a coupon organizer that fits in your purse. when u first start couponing u wont have an over abundance of coupons so there is no need for a huge coupon binder in my opinion yet. i started off with the coupon organizer in the link above and it has worked great for me the past couple of years. i use 2 and they fit great in my purse. one for FOOD one for NONFOOD. depending on what u use u may be able to use just one organizer and just label the sections differently.later in this post i will share the sections i have in my organizer(s)

FOR THE COUPON PRO: if you have been couponing for a long time and find that u are now getting more coupons or trading or have mastered stockpiling i recommend getting a coupon binder. you can either make one yourself with dividers and baseball card holders or splurge like i did (its my becoming a new mommy gift to myself) and get a coupon clutch.

After i clip my coupons i usually seperate them into the catagories they belong in and then put them into my organizer.
These are the sections in my FOOD coupon organizer: BAKING ISLE, BREAD/BAGELS, CANNED FRUITS/VEG, CEREAL/POPTARTS, CHIPS/CRACKERS/COOKIES, CONDIMENTS, DAIRY, FROZEN, GRANOLA BARS, JUICE/WATER/SODA, MEATS, MISC., PASTA/SAUCE/KITS, PRODUCE,RICE/POTATOES, SOUP, FREE COUPONS, STORE COUPONS

These are the sections in my NONFOOD coupon organizer: BABY, BODYWASH ,CLEANER, DEODERANT, DISHSOAP/LAUNDRY, FACESTUFF, GIRLSTUFF, HEALTH, LOTION,MAGAZINES, MAKEUP, MEDICINE, MISC, PAPER GOODS, RANDY(my fiance-i put mens coupons there), RAZORS/CREAM, SHAMPOO/CONDITIONER, SMELLY STUFF, SOAP/SANITIZER, TOOTHBRUSHES/PASTE, ZIPLOC, HASSIN(the cat- u can of course put PET), FREE COUPONS, STORE COUPONS

Of course you may have a different way to label them but this is what works best for me. its mostly how the store is set up by isle.

I hope this helps you to organize your coupons!

0 comments:

Post a Comment